Underpinning the new curriculum are four purposes which will be at the heart of all teaching and learning.
Key elements of the new Curriculum
The new curriculum will include:
- 6 Areas of Learning and Experience from 3 to 16
- 3 cross curriculum responsibilities: literacy, numeracy and digital competence
- progression reference points at ages 5, 8, 11, 14 and 16
- achievement outcomes which describe expected achievements at each progression reference point.
The curriculum will be organised into 6 Areas of Learning and Experience:
- Expressive arts
- Health and well-being
- Humanities (including RE)
- Languages, literacy and communication
- Mathematics and numeracy
- Science and technology (including computer science).
Curriculum for Wales 2022